Michael R. Dodson
Michael Dodson is an Associate in the firm’s litigation section.
While in law school at The University of Alabama, Mr. Dodson was an Articles Editor and Managing Board Member for the Alabama Law Review. He also participated in the law school’s Habitat for Humanity projects and the SaveFirst Tax Initiative, providing tax preparation assistance for those who could not afford traditional accounting services. Mr. Dodson graduated magna cum laude from law school and was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Immediately after graduation, Mike clerked for the Honorable W. Harold Albritton, III of the Middle District of Alabama. Mike also interned for the Honorable L. Scott Coogler of the Northern District of Alabama during law school.
Mr. Dodson earned his undergraduate degree from The University of Alabama, where he was a member of the Honors College and a recipient of a Presidential Merit scholarship. Mr. Dodson received a Bachelor of Science degree summa cum laude in Finance with a concentration in Real Estate Finance and academic minors in German, Spanish, and Economics. While attending undergraduate school at Alabama, Mr. Dodson was Vice President for External Affairs of the Student Government Association and was inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa, Mortar Board, and the Jasons Honors Society.
Areas of Practice
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Banking & Finance Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Securities Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Alabama, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2013
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2016
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. (Magna Cum Laude)
- Honors: Hugo Black Scholar
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Law Review: Alabama Law Review, Articles Editor, 2012 - 2013
- The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Major: Finance (Real Estate)
Past Employment Positions
- Burr & Forman LLP, Associate, 2014 - 2016
- U.S. District Court for the M.D. Alabama, Term Clerk, 2013 - 2014