Christopher T. Chocheles is a Member of the Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein & Hilbert law firm in New Orleans, Louisiana. He practices primarily in the areas of commercial litigation and toxic torts, and has served as lead counsel in toxic torts and tax trials.
As an undergraduate, he attended Loyola University and received a Bachelor of Science in Political Science in 1997. In May, 2000, he graduated from Louisiana State University Law Center. At LSU, he was a member of the Louisiana Law Review.
Mr. Chocheles is a member of the Louisiana Bar Association. He recently wrote the cover article for the April/May 2010 issue of the Louisiana Bar Journal – “No Excuses: Hurricanes and the Act of God Defense in Breach Contract Claims.”
- Caire v. Murphy Oil USA, Inc., WL 5350615, 2013, E.D. La.
- Abundance Square Associate, L.P. v. Williams, WL 1085655, 2011, La. App. 4 Cir.
- Becker v. Murphy Oil Corp., 70 So.3d 885, WL 2164151, 2011, La. App. 4th Cir.
- Public Citizen Inc. v. Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Bd., --- F.3d---, 2011 WL 285226, 2011, C.A.5 (La), NO. 09-30925
- Sarpy v. ESAD, Inc., 968 So.2d 736, 2007-0347, 2007, La. App. 4Cir.
- Laborde v. Dastugue, 868 So.2d 228, 2003-1491, 2004, La. App. 4Cir.
- Too Easy Entertainment, L.L.C. v. Seven Arts Pictures, Inc., WL 2480475, 2004, E.D.La., NO. CIV.A. 04-2182
- Memorial Hall Museum, Inc. v. University of New Orleans Foundation, 847 So.2d 625, 2002-1810, 2003, La. App. 4 Cir.
- Pierce v. Reily-Benton Co., Inc., 846 So.2d 143, 2002-2253, 2003, La. App. 4 Cir.
- Arriola v. Orleans Parish School Bd., 809 So.2d 932, 2001-1878, 2002, La.
- Hontex Enterprise, Inc. v. City of Westwego, 833 So. 2d 1234, 02-506, 2002, La. App. 5 Cir.
- Best Lawyers in America since 2012, with special designations, during 2017 or a prior year, in Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2012 – 2017
Classes & Seminars
- Workers’ Compensation Law and Practice, Sterling Education Services, Inc., 12/04/2015 to 12/04/2015
- 8th Annual Workers' Compensation Law & Practice Seminar, Sterling Education Services, Inc., 12/03/2013 to 12/03/2013
- Extra-Contractual Liability, National Business Institute seminar, 2004 to 2004
- The Insurance Contract, National Business Institute seminar, 2003 to 2003
- Tort Law Desk Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium, Contributing Editor, 2015
- No Excuses - Hurricanes and the Act of God Defense to Breach of Contract Claims, Louisiana Bar Journal, Volume 57, No. 6 (April/May 2010)
Fraternities or Sororities
- Phi Kappa Theta
- Toxic Torts
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Tax Litigation
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: Chancellor's List, Fall 1997 and Fall 1999
- Loyola University, New Orleans
- B.S. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Political Science Award-1997
- Major: Political Science
- Louisiana, 2000