Melissa joined Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein & Hilbert, L.L.C. in 2008. She received her Bachelor’s degree magna cum laude in Sociology from Loyola University New Orleans in 2003. She then attended Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans and graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor in 2006. While at Loyola, Melissa served as a member of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
Melissa is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Louisiana. She primarily handles matters involving commercial litigation. She is a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association, the New Orleans Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, and the Association for Women Attorneys.
- Pontchartrain Nat. Gas Sys. v. Tex. Brine Co., 317 So. 3d 715 (La. App. 1st Cir. 2020)
- Couvillion Group, L.L.C. v. Plaquemines Parish Gov’t, 286 So. 3d 1129 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2019).
- CCNO McDonogh 16, LLC v. R4 MCNO Acquisition, LLC, 259 So. 3d 1077 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2018)
Classes & Seminars
- Unleashing the Power of Microsoft Office and Adobe for Lawyers, National Business Institute, 06/26/2015 to 06/26/2015
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, 2006
- New Orleans Bar Association, Member, 2008 to Present
- Delta Title Corporation, Attorney, 2007 to 2008
- James M. Garner, Darnell Bludworth, Kevin M. McGlone & Melissa R. Harris, Chambers Global Practice Guide, eDiscovery & Disclosure – USA Law & Practice (2019).
- Litigation & Appeals
- Toxic Torts
- Environmental Law
- Insurance Law
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Personal Injury - Defense
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Honors: cum laude
- Loyola University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A. Sociology
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2008