A native Michigander, Jeff graduated magna cum laude from Duke University in 1998, where he was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, and he graduated from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2002. At Virginia, he was inducted into the Order of the Coif, was a Lile Moot Court quarterfinalist, served as an Articles Editor for the Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, and won the Earle K. Shawe Labor Relations Award. Jeff practiced in New York City prior to moving to New Orleans in the fall of 2005.
Licensed to practice in Louisiana and New York, Jeff handles a wide variety of commercial litigation disputes. He has handled several labor and employment matters, including but not limited to claims of discrimination, retaliation, noncompetition agreements, and wage payment claims. In addition, his practice also includes complex commercial cases, environmental class action litigation, real estate litigation, insurance litigation involving claims for property damage and business interruption losses, and various forms of alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. Jeff has experience in oral argument before various state and federal courts including the US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Jeff has also lectured on the public accommodations requirements under the Americans with Disabilities Act before the Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys, on employee hiring and firing issues for the Louisiana Medical Group Managers Association, and antitrust implications of tax lien auctions for Bespoke Capital Markets Group.
- Twiggs v. University of Holy Cross, 2021 WL 3077363, E.D. La.
- Sullivan v. Feldman, 2020 WL 7129879 (S.D. Tex. 2020)
- LeBlanc v. Texas Brine Co., LLC, 2020 WL 6927501, E.D. La.
- Pontchartrain Nat. Gas Sys. v. Tex. Brine Co., 2020, 317 So. 3d 715, La. App. 1st Cir.
- Porto v. TBC Grand Bayou, LLC, 303 So.3d 1060, La.App.1st Cir.
- Cohan v. Fresh Market, Inc., 2019 WL 2372972, E.D. La.
- LeBlanc v. Texas Brine Co., LLC, 2018 WL 9801527, E.D. La.
- Marchand v. Texas Brine Company, LLC, 2018, So.3d, La.App.1st Cir.
- LeBlanc v. Texas Brine Co., 2018 WL 3439653, E.D. La.
- Pontchartrain Natural Gas System v. Texas Brine Company, LLC, 2018, 255 So.3d 644, La.App.1st Cir.
- Labarre v. Occidental Chemical Company and Texas Brine Company, LLC, 251 So.3d 1092 (La.App.1st Cir. 2018)
- Florida Gas Transmission Company, LLC v. Texas Brine Company, LLC, 2016 WL 7407344 (La.App.1st Cir. 2016)
- Ripoll v. Dobard, 2014 WL 1389659, E.D. La.
- Gulf States Real Estate Services of La., L.L.C.v. Dominion Centre, L.L.C., 2010 WL 2265243, E.D.La
- Touro Infirmary v. Travelers Prop. Cas. Co. of America, 2008 WL 3975605, E.D.La
- Sauce It Up, L.L.C. v. Murphy Oil USA, Inc., 2008 WL 1711545, E.D.La
- Sauce It Up, L.L.C. v. Murphy Oil USA, Inc., 2008 WL 544181, E.D.La
- Kreger v. General Steel Corp., 2008 WL 544517, E.D.La
- Nassar v. Academy Sports & Outdoors, 227 Fed.Appx.392, 2007, 5th Cir.
- Earle K. Shawe Labor Relations Award
Classes & Seminars
- Americans with Disabilities Act - Compliance for Construction, New Orleans Bar Association, 10/14/2015 to 10/14/2015
- Antitrust Implications of Tax Lien Auctions, Bespoke Capital Markets Group, 06/24/2015 to 06/24/2015
- North Rampart Community Center, Member of the Board of Directors
- Proskauer Rose LLP, Associate, 2002 to 2003
- Feldman Hay & Ullman LLP, Associate, 2004 to 2005
- Interim Measures in the United States in Aid of Arbitration, Juris Publishing, Inc., 2022
- Dollar Signs on the Muscle, the Ligament and Ulnar Nerve: Institutional Liability Arising from Injuries to Student Athletes, 3 Va. J. Sports L. 80, 2001
Fraternities or Sororities
- Pi Kappa Phi
- Complex Commercial Cases
- Environmental Class Action Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Employment Litigation or Labor & Employment
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Political Science
- New York, 2003
- Louisiana, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2006