Experienced Representation And Effective Solution
Stuart D. Kottle
Stuart served as a judicial clerk at the Louisiana Supreme Court and now practices appellate litigation and commercial litigation. Stuart previously worked at an international law firm, and his litigation experience spans multiple jurisdictions in both state and federal courts. Stuart also is an adjunct lecturer in law at Tulane Law School, where he teaches Advanced Appellate Advocacy. Stuart received his law degree from the University of Arizona College of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Arizona Law Review. Before law school, Stuart was a Fulbright Scholar in China and the lead singer of a rock band. Stuart was born in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Classes & Seminars
- Attempt the Summit: 2022 LSBA Annual Meeting & LJC / LSBA Joint Summer School - Insurance Bad Faith, Louisiana State Bar Association, 06/06/2022
- Evaluation of the Profession: LJC / LSBA Joint Summer School & 2019 LSBA Annual Meeting, “Learning to Grasp the Big Picture – Depositions: What You Always Wanted to Know, But Didn’t have Time to Research,” Louisiana State Bar Association, June 2-7, 2019
- “Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” since 2021 with special designations, during 2022 or a prior year, in Appellate Practice, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law and Insurance Law.”
- Louisiana Supreme Court, Judicial Clerk, 2016 to 2018
- Squire Patton Boggs, Associate, 2015 to 2016
- Polsinelli, Associate, 2013 to 2015
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Law, Tulane University, 2018 to Present
- Touro Infirmary Board Member
- Fifth Amendment Takings Litigation - Lafaye v. City of New Orleans, 35 F.4th 940 , 2022, 5th Cir.
- Election Dispute - Panepinto v. Smith, 2022-01218 (La. 8/19/2022), 2022, So. 3d, WL 3575729
- Class Action/Traffic Violations - Mestayer v. City of New Orleans, Case No. 19-14432, 2020, E.D. La.
- Open Meetings Law - Deep S. Ctr. for Envtl. Justice v. Council of City of New Orleans, 292 So. 3d 973., 2020, La. App. 4 Cir.
- Breach of Contract/Governmental Code of Ethics – St. Bernard Par. Gov’t v. Perniciaro, 2019-0604, 2020, La. App. 4 Cir.
- Servitudes/Trespass - W&T Offshore, L.L.C. v. Texas Brine Corp., 2018-0950, p. 1, 2020, La.
- Hon. Scott J. Crichton, James M. Garner & Stuart D. Kottle, La. Appeals & Proc.: Advanced Appellate Advocacy (2d ed. 2021) (unpublished course materials, Tulane Law School)
- Appellate Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Civil Property Law
- Legal Ethics
- Municipal Law
- The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- J.D. - 2013
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Perry Rogers Scholar
- Honors: Ralph W. Aigler Memorial Award
- Honors: Outstanding Performance in Oral Advocacy Award
- Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 2007
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Economics and Mathematics
- Arizona, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 2014
- Louisiana, 2016