Ryan is a member of the firm. He joined the firm in 2007 after practicing with the firm of Brunini, Grantham, Grower, & Hewes, PLLC in Jackson, Mississippi. In 2002, He received his Bachelor's degree Magna Cum Laude in Political Science from the University of New Orleans where he received honors for graduating with the highest GPA in his graduation class and was a Phi Beta Kappa member receiving the Phi Beta Kappa Club Award. In 2005, he received his Juris Doctorate and Bachelor of Civil Law degree from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, where he was a recipient of the River Parish Claimants Scholarship and the Louisiana Board of Supervisors' Scholarship. Ryan was also named to the Chancellor's List while attending law school at Louisiana State University from 2003-2005.
Ryan is admitted to practice before all Louisiana and all Mississippi state and federal courts, in addition to the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ryan is a trial lawyer with extensive plaintiff and/or defense experience in the following areas: commercial and complex litigation; personal injury, including motor vehicle accidents; products liability; legal disputes involving trusts, successions, wills and estates; construction disputes; complex insurance defense; collection matters; real estate disputes; real estate brokerage disputes; real estate franchise disputes; real estate agent disputes; residential and commercial lease disputes; premises liability; contract disputes; professional malpractice and liability; medical malpractice and commercial transactions.
Ryan has been recognized for his legal achievements by the following publications: 2009, Future Star, Benchmark Magazine; 2011 Top Lawyers in Louisiana, New Orleans Magazine; 2012-2017 Best Lawyers in America; 2013-2017 Rising Star, Super Lawyers.
- Camillus Specialty Hosp., L.L.C. v. Riccio, 133 So. 3d 287 , 2014, La. App. 4th Cir.
- First Bank & Trust v. Redman Gaming of La., Inc., 131 So. 3d 224 , 2013, La. App. 5th Cir.
- Martin v. Fidelity Nat’l Title Ins. Co., 537 F. App’x 597 , 2013, 5th Cir.
- 727 Toulouse, L.L.C. v. Bistro at the Maison De Ville, L.L.C., 122 So. 3d 1152 , 2013, La. App. 4th Cir.
- Aberta, Inc. v. Atkins, 89 So. 3d 1161 , 2012, La.
- Regions Bank v. Breland, 2011 WL 9165416 , 2011, La. App. 4th Cir.
- Sturdy Built Homes, L.L.C. v. Carl E. Woodward L.L.C., 82 So. 3d 473 , 2011, La. App. 4th Cir.
- 800 Canal Street Ltd. P’ship v. Storyville Dist. New Orleans, LLC, 75 So. 3d 958 , 2011, La. App. 4th Cir.
- Storyville Dist. New Orleans, LLC v. Canal Street Dev. Corp., 785 F. Supp. 2d 579 , 2011, E.D. La.
- Wede v. Niche Marketing USA, LLC, 52 So. 3d 60 , 2010, La.
- Stall v. State Farm Fire & Cas. Co., 995 So. 2d 670 , 2008, La. App. 4th Cir.
- Best Lawyers in America since 2012, with special designations, during 2020 or a prior year, in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2021 – 2022
- Louisiana Super Lawyers - Rising Star in General Litigation, 2021-2022
- Benchmark: The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys, Future Star
Classes & Seminars
- Landlord-Tenant Law Seminar - Leases, Evictions, Litigation and Settlements, Sterling Education Services, Inc., 12/12/2013 to 12/12/2013
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Jackson Young Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes, PLLC, Associate, 2005 to 2006
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Products
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional and Products Liability
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D., B.C.L. - 2005
- Honors: Chancellor's List (2005,2004,2003)
- Honors: Appellate Advocacy Co-Chairman, Moot Court Board
- Honors: Board of Supervisor's Scholarship Recipient (2005, 2004, 2003)
- Honors: River Parish Claimants Scholarship Recipient (2004, 2003)
- University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- B.A. Political Science - 2002
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Highest GPA in Graduation Class (2002)
- Honors: Dean's List (1998-2002)
- Honors: College of Liberal Arts Dean Award
- Honors: Distinguished Professor Werner J. Feld Award
- Honors: Outstanding Political Science Graduate Award
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa Club Award
- Louisiana, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2006
- Mississippi, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2005