Mr. McAlister is a commercial real estate attorney with over 35 years experience in all aspects of commercial real estate development and finance, specializing in shopping center and mixed use development and retail/restaurant tenant representation on a nationwide basis. He has worked extensively on multi unit retail and restaurant expansion roll outs and acquisitions. In addition to his private practice representing numerous national retail and restaurant tenants, Mr. McAlister served as General Counsel for over 10 years for a national retail shopping center development company supervising acquisition, development, sale, finance and leasing of millions of square feet of retail shopping center space throughout the country.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1983
- Honors: cum laude
- Rice University, Houston
- B.A. - 1980
- Major: Political Science
- Realm Realty Company
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors
- Jeffrey L. Moore, CEO, Realm Realty Company
- Jessica Garner, Corporate Counsel, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
- Jennifer Clark, Corporate Counsel, Academy Sports & Outdoors
- Realm Realty Company, General Counsel, 2005-2016
- Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein McAlister & Hilbert, L.L.C., 1999-2004
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Associate Member, 1988 to 2017
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Real Estate Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Banking & Finance Law
- Texas, 1983
- Louisiana, 1986