Protecting Your Interests In Business Transactions
Transactions are at the heart of any business venture. These matters are often complex, and without the guidance of experienced legal counsel, you may find your interests in a place of vulnerability.
The lawyers of Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein & Hilbert, L.L.C., understand this, and we provide a wide variety of transactional services to our business clients in the New Orleans area. We work diligently with small and large businesses as they take measures to create a sound and promising future.
Knowledgeable Assistance That Serves Your Needs
A business transaction is rarely a simple process. Our attorneys can aid you from the beginning negotiations to the completion of your agreement. Some specific services that we provide include:
- Documenting and advising clients in real estate purchase/sale contracts, commercial leasing, zoning and municipal matters, including subdivisions, variances, special permits and related appeals
- Documenting construction and construction management contracts for builders, owners, subcontractors and design professionals
- Buying and selling businesses and business interests, including stock and asset purchases and sales; management and leveraged buyouts and mergers; management of due diligence investigations from buyer and seller perspectives
- Documenting software development and license agreements; internet service provider hosting and customer agreements; software and hardware distribution, OEM and VAR re-seller agreements; hardware purchase and equipment lease agreements
- Structuring and documenting clients’ choice of business entity: corporation, limited liability company, general or limited partnership, or joint venture
- Developing alternative forms of ownership and management of the startup entity, including voting and nonvoting common stock, convertible preferred stock, warrants and similar rights, and specialized LLC provisions
- Drafting and reviewing employment, stock option, phantom stock, bonus and profit-sharing agreements, employee nondisclosure, invention assignments, noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements
- Drafting and reviewing stockholder agreements, including cross-purchase, redemption, insurance-funded buyout, voting trusts
- Drafting and reviewing license and royalty agreements (both patented and nonpatented technologies); research and development agreements; employee confidentiality, invention and noncompetition agreements; distribution, sales, manufacturing and joint venture agreements
- Structuring and advising clients in business recapitalizations, redemptions, reorganizations and business trust formation
No matter what your business transaction needs may be, our experienced team can help you protect the health of your business. We feature more than 40 attorneys, and while we employ considerable resources on behalf of our clients, we also believe in an attentive and personalized approach.