Politics And The Law
A host of laws govern political campaigns, elections, and the conduct of public officials.
At Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein & Hilbert, L.L.C., we provide legal advice and trial court representation to clients running for office, challenging election or campaign activities, working in government, or seeking to shape or impact government action.
Our attorneys and professional staff have the knowledge and resources to address a broad scope of questions regarding the laws that govern political officials and political processes, such as:
- Voting rights
- Requirements to report spending
- Gift limits
- Lobbying registration and reporting requirements
- Political advertisements
- Claims of libel, malicious falsehood and slander
- The checks and balances that determine the power of each of the three branches of government.
Accessing Government Decision Makers
Our lawyers can advance the issues of our clients on matters including:
- Drafting and arranging for the introduction of legislation
- Testifying at legislative hearings
- Meeting with elected officials and their staff members
- Providing political training for our clients’ employees
To schedule your consultation with our election and campaign lawyers, please call 504.299.2100 or contact us online.