Taxation: An Overview
Taxes can have a major influence on both your business and your personal life. Many clients who walk through our doors are unsure of their options and how to best move forward. Sher Garner Cahill Richter Klein & Hilbert, L.L.C., has helped clients throughout Louisiana navigate the often confusing legal system.
Knowledgeable And Trustworthy Advice
We provide tax advice and representation in disputes involving taxation to corporations, individuals, partnerships, homeowners associations and families in the following areas:
- Structuring partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures, business trusts and other business entities
- Structuring merger, acquisition and divestiture and restructuring transactions
- Structuring tax-free reorganizations (including spinoffs) and taxable mergers and acquisitions for corporate clients
- Advising clients with respect to real estate acquisitions, financing and restructuring-related workout transactions
- Advising clients regarding tax issues involved with private placements of equity, debt and hybrid securities
- Structuring real estate investment trusts and advising clients concerning REIT-related tax issues
- Tax planning for individuals in connection with business and personal transactions
- Advising clients concerning state and local tax issues
We also represent clients working through difficult legal situations. This includes tax examinations, protests before the I.R.S. Appeals Office and litigation in federal court. Trust a firm that will understand your concerns and help you develop a plan to move forward.
To Talk To An Attorney, Call Today
To talk to one of our experienced attorneys, call our office in New Orleans at 504.299.2100 or fill out our contact form.