Mr. Hilbert was an Adjunct Professor of Law, Trial Advocacy, at Tulane University School of Law and has served as an instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Gulf Coast Region. Mr. Hilbert is admitted to practice in all Louisiana state and federal courts, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
- Pontchartrain Nat. Gas Sys. v. Tex. Brine Co., 317 So. 3d 715 (La. App. 1st Cir. 2020)
- Victory Energy Operations, L.L.C. v. Rain CII Carbon, L.L.C., 335 P.3d 809, 2014, Okla. Civ. App.
- Greenspoon Marder, P.A. v. Andry Law Firm, LLC, WL 1681979, 2014, E.D.La
- In re Katrina Canal Breaches Consol. Litigation, WL 3815670 , 2012, E.D.La
- Active Solutions, L.L.C. v. Dell, Inc., 73 So.3d 934, 2011, La.App. 4 Cir.
- Great American Ins. Co. of New York v. CIMA Companies, Inc., WL 6180030 , 2011, E.D.La
- Taylor v. Tesco Corp. (US), WL 4007873 , 2011, S.D. Tex.
- Powell v. Pride Offshore, Inc., WL 2981352 , 2011, E.D.La
- Powell v. Pride Offshore, Inc., WL 2457689 , 2011, E.D.La
- Powell v. Pride Offshore, Inc., WL 2293238 , 2011, E.D.La
- Safeguard Storage Properties, L.L.C. v. Donahue Favret Contractors, Inc., WL 1226419 , 2011, La.App. 4 Cir.
- Taylor v. Tesco Corp. (US), WL 4539394 , 2010, E.D.La
- Vaughn Medical Equipment Repair Service, L.L.C. v. Jordan Reses Supply Co., WL 3488244 , 2010, E.D.La
- Barham, Warner & Bellamy, L.L.C. v. Strategic Alliance Partners, L.L.C., WL 2105889 , 2010, La.App. 4 Cir.
- Ben-Trei Fertilizer Co., L.L.C. v. Celtic Marine Corp., WL 532821 , 2010, E.D.La
- Ben-Trei Fertilizer Co., L.L.C. v. Celtic Marine Corp., WL 431696 , 2010, E.D.La
- CF Industries v. Ben-Trei, Ltd., WL 2765972 , 2009, E.D. IL
- Ben-Trei Fertilizer Co., L.L.C. v. Keytrade North American Inc., WL 2579354, 2009, M.D.Fla.
- Jeasonne v. New York Life Ins. Co., 11 So.3d 1160, 2009, La.App. 3 Cir
- Liberty Surplus Ins. Corp. v. Patriot Asphlat, LLC, WL 455600, 2009, S.D.Ala.
- McGhee v. Pride Offshore, Inc., WL 2597925, 2008, E.D.La.
- Greenfield Commercial Credit, L.L.C. v. Catlettsburg Refining, 2007 WL 97068, 61 UCC Rep.Serv.2d 755, 2007, E.D. La.
- McGhee v. Pride Offshore, Inc., WL 4144955, 2007, E.D.La.
- Dillard University v. Lexington Ins. Co., 466 F.Supp.2d 723, 2006 WL 2850014, 2006, E.D.La.
- City of New Orleans' Dept. of Finance v. Touro Infirmary, 905 So.2d 314, 2005, La.App.4Cir.
- Lee v. Clinical Research Center of Florida, L.C., 889 So.2d 317, 2004, La.App. 4 Cir.
- Blessey Marine Services Inc. v. Houston Marine Services Inc., 75 Fed.Appx. 232, 2003, E.D.La.
- Singleton v. Northfield Ins. Co., 826 So.2d 55, 2002, La.App. 1 Cir.
- Equitable Equipment Co. v. Director, Office of Worker's Compensation Programs,, 191 F.3d630, 1999, 5th Cir.
- Casper Maine, Inc. v. Seatrans Shipping Corp., 969 F.Supp. 395, 1997, E.D.La.
- Complaint of Christiansen Marine, Inc., WL 616188, 1996, E.D.Va.
- Insurance Co. of North America v. West of England Shipowners Mut. Ins. Ass'n, 890 F.Supp. 1296, 1995, E.D.La.
- Insurance Co. of North America v. West of England Shipowners Mut. Ins. Ass'n, 890FSupp. 1302, 1995, E.D.La.
- Smith v. Gretna Mach. and Iron Works, 646 So.2d 1096, 1994, La.App. 5 Cir
- Hebert v. Exxon Corp., 953 F.2d 936, 1992, 5th Cir.(La.)
- Ashley v. Epic Divers, Inc., 818 F.Supp. 172, 1991, E.D.La
- Fanguy v. Dupre Bros. Const. Co., Inc., 588 So.2d 1251, 1991, La.App. 1 Cir.
- Weaver v. Kitchens, 570 So.2d 508, 1990, La.App. 5 Cir.
- Weaver v. Kitchens, 556 So.2d 120, 1990, La.App. 5 Cir
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigator in America, 2022
- AV Preeminent Attorney- Judicial Edition, Martindale Hubbell, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America since 2009 with special designations, during 2022 or a prior year, in Admiralty and Maritime Law, Commercial Litigation, Construction Litigation, Environmental Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation, 2021-2022
- Louisiana Super Lawyers 2009- 2022
- Lawyer of the Year-Environmental Law, Best Lawyers in America, 2017 - "Peter Hilbert is the type of lawyer that you can give a matter to, and you know that every angle, every detail, and every claim will be well tended. He is extremely talented in every aspect of litigation, from research, to drafting, to the courtroom. I have every faith that when I give a matter to Peter, I can relax and know it will be handled with the greatest competence and zeal."
- 2023 Best Lawyers Award
Classes & Seminars
- Adjunct Faculty, Trial Advocacy, Tulane University, 1988
- Instructor, National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Gulf Coast Region, 1990
- Author and Lecturer, Injuries in the Workplace in Louisiana, National Business Institute, Inc. 1993
- The Marine Leg of Intermodal Transportation, International Bar Association, 1993
- Bad Faith Litigation in Louisiana, National Business Institute, Inc. 1995
- Bad Faith Litigation in Louisiana, National Business Institute, Inc. 1996
- New Orleans Bar Associations, Member
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Board of Directors, New Orleans Chapter, Member, 1995 to 1998
- American Bar Association, Member
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Member
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Maritime Law
- Construction Litigation
- Energy Law
- Insurance Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Tulane Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 05/1977
- University of New Orleans
- B.A. - 05/1974
- Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981