Kevin McGlone is a native of Metairie, Louisiana. He received his bachelor of business administration from the University of Notre Dame in 1999 and his juris doctor from Loyola University College of Law in 2002. While at Loyola, Mr. McGlone served as Editor-in-Chief of the Loyola Law Review. Thereafter, Mr. McGlone served as law clerk from 2002-2003 to the Honorable Eldon E. Fallon, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
Mr. McGlone is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Louisiana. He joined the litigation section of Sher, Garner in 2003 and primarily handles matters involving admiralty and maritime law, as well as various types of commercial litigation. He is a member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States, the St. Thomas More Inn of Court, the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association. He is an active member of the Loyola Law Review Alumni Committee, serving as its Chairman in 2006-2009. He serves as a contributing author for Benedict's Maritime Bulletin. From 2009-2012, he served as an adjunct professor on the faculty of Loyola Law School teaching a course concerning maritime employee remedies and from 2014 to the present has been a presenter in the Law School’s skills curriculum.
- Richards v. Board of Com'rs of the Port of New Orleans, 57 So.3d 1135, 2011, La.App. 4 Cir.
- Taylor v. Tesco Corp. (US), 754 F.Supp.2d 840 , 2010, E.D. La.
- 831 Bartholomew Investments-A, L.L.C. v. Margulis, 20 So.3d 532, 2009, La.App. 4 Cir.
- Marseilles Homeowners Condominium Ass'n Inc. v. Fidelity Nat. Ins. Co., 542 F.3d 1053, 2008, C.A.5
- Omni Pinnacle, LLC v. ECC Operating Services, Inc., 255 Fed.Appx. 24, 2007, C.A. 5
- Zeigler v. BP America Production Co., 249 Fed.Appx. 999 , 2007, C.A.5
- Zeigler v. BP America Production Co., 2006 WL 2850163, 2006, E.D. La.
- Jefferson Door and Co. v. Cragmar Construction, L.L.C., 81 So. 3d 1001 , 2012, La. App. 4 Cir.
- Taylor v. Tesco Corp (US), 816 F. Supp. 2d 410, 2011, S.D. Tex
- Best Lawyers in America since 2012, with special designations in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2021 – 2022
- Louisiana Super Lawyers, Business Litigation
- Louisiana Super Lawyers - Rising Star in Transportation/Maritime Law, 2015-2017
- 2023 Best Lawyers Award
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor, Loyola College of Law Skills Curriculum, Answering Maritime Complaints, 2014 to Present
- Adjunct Professor, Loyola Law School, 2009 to 2012
- St. Thomas More Inn of Court, Barrister, 2001
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, Member, 2003
- Federal Bar Association, Member, 2003
- Louisiana Bar Association, Member, 2002
- Loyola Law Review Alumni Committee, 2002-present, Chairman, 2006 to 2009
- Jesuit High School Alumni Association, Class Captain
- Hon. Eldon E. Fallon, U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, Law Clerk, 2002 to 2003
- James M. Garner, Darnell Bludworth, Kevin M. McGlone & Melissa R. Harris, Chambers Global Practice Guide, eDiscovery & Disclosure – USA Law & Practice (2019).
- Perrone v. General Motors Acceptance Corp. Detrimental Reliance and the Truth in Lending Act, 47 Loy. L. Rev. 905, 2002
- Contributing Author, Benedict's Maritime Bulletin, 2006 - present
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Personal Injury - Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Loyola University New Orleans School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.B.A. - 1999
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Finance and Business Economics
- Louisiana, 2002
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2003
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2003
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2012